Password:
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome to TranslatorPub.Com!
 Translation Help - SOS -
 I need JOB!!!!!!!
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

Marinalittle
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  10:37:07  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hello! I registered here to find job. I hoped to find job! Usually people come here to find and to get job. BUT! how can I see details of company who offer job? you need to pay. But I don't have even 6 uero. I need job and I want to work. How can I do it??? I know Russian, Arabic, English, a little bit Italian - translation. Who can help? Marinalittle@yandex.ru
pls!!!

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:01:50  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo Marina,

welcome to TP. Around 20 % of the jobs are accessible for all members. If you are looking for a job it will be better to present yourself in a professional manner. You could contact agencies / client (agency menu) and let them know about your services.

But - as said before, this should be done on a professional way. Begging for a job wont help you. I dont want to put critics on you, but want to support you in your goal to find a job, therefore please dont take this personal.

First - get your profile shapened up, put all your experience on it, some references, CAT Tools you are working with, etc. - preferably a CV. Then apply to the different agencies. If you dont want to send all the time your CV, just point in your emails to your profile at TP. You can also put a picture of yourself on your profile, this will put a good impression on it.

And dont forget the most important part, dont give up if it gets tough sometimes, building business relationships take some time.

Good luck and again welcome to our community.
Go to Top of Page

Marinalittle
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:14:08  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Thank you Stefan for support, I'm checking details of agencies right now. Can you tell me, I'm sure you're professional in this job so I would like to ask you, what can make me more necessary for agencies? I mean, how should I write by right way my introduction, offer, ... to agencies?

Thx

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:46:03  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi,

agencies at TranslatorPub.com can decided to unreveal their HR departments, where you should send your email to.

Building up a strong profile will be essential, as it safes you time and you can always link to your profile and to experiences you stated there. You should tell them that you found their information here, and tell them that you would be interested in becoming one of their translators.

You should state your fees and your languages in your email, as well as your language pairs.

If you have translation samples at hand, put them in your profile and give them the link. This will make it easier for them to check your information and will make it look more professional.

Let me know how it goes and if you need some further help:-)

Good luck ;-)
Go to Top of Page

Marinalittle
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/22/2008 :  11:51:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Tnx Stefan, your advice is really necessary for me. Before I worked just with Russian agencies and people, so it's new for me, but really I would like to try it. Thx for your advice and help again!

Go to Top of Page

carolinesaari
Starting Member

33 Posts

Posted - 10/23/2008 :  04:22:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Send carolinesaari an AOL message  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Like Stefan said, it's important to not give up too quickly and to try to build up a good profile. I also think that it's vitally important when searching for jobs to be available as often as possible. Translation projects are given out quickly, so it's necessary to check TP regularly for updates and new jobs. Also - and this is completely from personal experience - you have to be willing to change personal plans because the translations often have to be done as quickly as possible. Because of this, it's important to be quickly available and willing to work in a short amount of time.

Hope I could help a little!
Go to Top of Page

_Gabriela_
Starting Member

4 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  07:12:35  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Totally agree with what Caroline and Stefan have said. A professional profile and being available on the net as much as you can are key factors in getting jobs. I went through the experience myself and it worked!

Do not give in! It's hard, but I'm sure you'll succeed in the end.

Gaby

Go to Top of Page

NigelGreenwood
Starting Member

5 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  07:44:42  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
My personal experience is that you have to build up a good name. Take all the translating work you can, even if it pays little, it is experience. Put the results in your profile, and you will see, work will come.
Nigel :)

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 10/24/2008 :  11:12:37  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Nigel, yes I agree, hard work will result in a good reputation and will generate more "better paid" work later on :)
Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  19:58:39  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi Marina,
it would be pretty na#239;ve to register on a site and wait for the jobs pouring into your mailbox. Registering at one and a relatively young site won't help you much. There are plenty of translator directories on the web. Just google for them and register there too.
Also, you may want to browse the web and find some translation agencies with online registration forms. But watch out! There are also scammers around the business who are looking to get a free translation (in other words: non-payers). So visit translator directories Blueboards to see the agencies' ratings.

Maybe one more good hint: it may be a good idea for you to start with translation agencies in your country. They may have more jobs going into your native language than other outsourcers located abroad.

Edited by - Stanislav_Pokorny on 03/04/2009 10:42:09
Go to Top of Page

Shiki23
Starting Member

22 Posts

Posted - 08/30/2017 :  00:57:54  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
High qualified translation bureau providing all kinds of translation, interpretation and localization : https://perevesti.by/en/uslugi/perevod-dokument/

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Chris
Chris

Fundraiser

Chris

Beta

Chris

Site Sponsor

translatorpub

Return to Old
User Interface

YouTube YouTube YouTube

©TranslatorPub.com 2024 All Rights Reserved.
Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap.

Paypal     Paypal
Paypal     Paypal
Paypal