Menu






Forum
TranslatorPub



TranslatorPub.com Forum


Back To TranslatorPub.Com
 
Forum Home | Forum Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Forgot your Password?
 All Forums
 Welcome to TranslatorPub.Com!
 CAT Tool Help
 Tracked changes that have not yet been accepted
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic

TransTotal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 06/10/2008 :  13:13:33  Show Profile  Edit Topic  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Topic
Hi guys,

as a moderator, I guess I am supposed to help. But well, we are all only human and now it's me who needs help
I am trying to start a new project and when converting the word document I want to translate I get this error message : "This microsoft document cannot be opened due to tracked changes that have not yet been accepted or rejected". The "show report" button is not active.
I received the file along with a few other documents as a zip file. All the others seem to be fine and this one I did not even touch before.
Any idea where the changes could have come from - or more important, what I have to do to get it converted?
I hope there is somebody out there who can help me with that - thanks bunches!

Anke

Stefan
Moderator

236 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  01:46:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi - it depends. Maybe you can send me your file and I´ll have a look into it?
Go to Top of Page

TransTotal
Starting Member

3 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  06:15:41  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Stefan,

thanks a lot for the offer.
I went googling my way through the internet and after trying out several things, I found the solution for my problem:
I just had to uncheck the "track changes" option in the word document (tools/Extras, track changes/Änderungen nachverfolgen) and voilá, everything was fine

Still, I noticed there can be quite a few causes for this problem so whenever the issue arises again, I am ready to face it (I hope).

Thanks again
Go to Top of Page

Stefan
Moderator

236 Posts

Posted - 06/11/2008 :  07:04:51  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hey Anke,

sounds good. Thx to Google ;-). So have a good working day :)
Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny
New Member

71 Posts

Posted - 03/03/2009 :  19:36:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi all, a late, but generally working solution (or rather two):
1. Save your DOC as RTF. Open the RTF and save it as DOC again.
2. Locate the Word_1_0_0_0.xml file (usually under "c:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application data\SDL International\Filters) and open it in the Notepad. Find the tag "<NonAcceptedOrRejectedChangesHandling>" and change the value (either "Default" or "StopConversion") into "Ignore" (obviously without the quotation marks. Press CTRL+S to save the XML file.
Your DOC should now open in TagEditor without any problems. BTW, there is an article on this issue in the SDL Knowledgebase (talisma.sdl.com).
I hope it helps.

Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Chris
Chris

Fundraiser

Chris

Beta

Chris

Site Sponsor

translatorpub

Return to Old
User Interface



YouTube YouTube YouTube

©TranslatorPub.com 2019 All Rights Reserved.
Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap.

Paypal     Paypal
Paypal     Paypal
Paypal