All Forums
 TranslatorPub.Com Support
 Feedback
 Feedback - how do you like Pub?
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Previous Page | Next Page
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic
Page: of 4 Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic Approve/Hold/Reject all posts for this Topic

enzalo
Starting Member

2 Posts

Posted - 11/04/2008 :  07:30:47  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
P.S. Have any jobs actually been posted for non-paying members?

Go to Top of Page

David_Petersen
Starting Member

1 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  13:08:52  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hi - I agree with Leitmotif. So far, all the site has done is send me notifications for jobs that I cannot view without being a member. And when I search for jobs, I find the same thing - "full membership required". If I can't even view the jobs, how am I supposed to decide if they are worth the price of a membership? I would rather cancel my registration now and not waste any more of my time.

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 11/24/2008 :  20:51:48  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo all, TranslatorPub has done some big changes in the last week and we try to have more basic jobs coming to our sites. Due to the new transparency in job posts, you can see if the jobs are for basic members or full members.

We are always open for more criticsm, as this is the only way to improve our service(s) and TranslatorPub.com. So please keep on letting us know your thoughts on TranslatorPub.com and what else needs to be improved. Many thanks!
Go to Top of Page

nortranslate
Starting Member

0 Posts

NOT MODERATED!!!  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply  Approve/Hold/Reject this Reply
I am "only" a basic member myself, I am also experiencing that "....I receive quite a few job notifications per day in my language pair and virtually every single one so far has been for paying members only".

I am also a paying member of another site, and a free member of a third. Sometimes I find that a job where the "...poster has restricted the contents of this job post to Full Members of TranslatorPub.Com only." appears on the other sites as open to everyone. Of course I can not always be 100% sure it is the same job, but all the text and details are the same.
How come they put restrictions on your site, and not on the others?

This make me ask myself: "Do you give a discount if the poster restricts the job, or is this done only to make people become members?"

Roy

Go to Top of Page

nortranslate
Starting Member

0 Posts

NOT MODERATED!!!  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply  Approve/Hold/Reject this Reply
Here is one example of a job posted on two sites:

http://www.translatorpub.com/sections/misc/job_board_details.asp?job_id=19651

Here are some details from another site:
"Scandinavian Languages / A High Volume Project
We need translators in Scandinavian languages who can manage high-volume projects from EN.....
Required software: TRADOS.
Payment: 0.05 USD per word
Job # 52982 posted on January 12, 2009 at 15:33"

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 01/18/2009 :  11:40:27  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo Roy, thank you for your contribution and welcome to TranslatorPub.com. Many jobs are posted throughout TranslatorPub.com and we can not guarantee that every job is only posted at TranslatorPub.com.

By joining TranslatorPub.com as a full member, you certainly have a big advanatage by having full access to all TranslatorPub.com features.

If you compare our prices against other portals, you will see that we are on the lower end of things. For us it is important to keep a good and high efficient service alive.
Go to Top of Page

nortranslate
Starting Member

0 Posts

quote:
[i]Originally posted by Stefan[/i]
[br]Hallo Roy, thank you for your contribution and welcome to TranslatorPub.com. Many jobs are posted throughout TranslatorPub.com and we can not guarantee that every job is only posted at TranslatorPub.com.

By joining TranslatorPub.com as a full member, you certainly have a big advanatage by having full access to all TranslatorPub.com features.

If you compare our prices against other portals, you will see that we are on the lower end of things. For us it is important to keep a good and high efficient service alive.

Thank you for the reply, but you did not answer my question:

This make me ask myself: "Do you give a discount if the poster restricts the job, or is this done only to make people become members?"

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 01/28/2009 :  17:01:28  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Dear Nortranslate, by restricting a job post to full members, clients want to outreach to the members on this site directly or doesnt want to have their data in the web without security aspects.

To your question - TranslatorPub.com offers Specials from time to time - e.g. currently an interesting special is just taking place.

Just keep visiting TranslatorPub.com and keep watching out for specials.
Go to Top of Page

dkangel
Starting Member

2 Posts

Hi,

I have already posted something similar. However, I really think you need a page where we can go and look up the agency, rated by other colleagues, where one can express an opinion of the actual work experience. Type Blue Board on Proz. I have just received a job offer from the Pub, involving an agency that has been banned from i.e. Proz. If you look at their ratings, they are worse than any horror movie I could possibly imagine. This is the link for the job:
http://www.translatorpub.com/indexjobnotif.asp?jobid=21946
Lise

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 02/11/2009 :  07:18:05  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo Lise,

I understand your concern, but TranslatorPub.com is not putting blame against either site. Trust me, there are also outsourcers out there who are blaming translators for their quality. We are in no position to comment or give feedback to this information.

That is why our technicians are working on a different system - but also, it is a free choice that you can confirm with your client to use.

I believe this solution is much more convenient for all parties. We will soon update you about this system and I´m sure a lot of persons will like this.
Go to Top of Page

nortranslate
Starting Member

0 Posts

Thank you for all your e-mails, but now I am saying good bye.

I have been a memeber for a few months now, and have received a couple of hundred job notifications. None, exept for 2 or 3, of the jobs are visible for non-paying members.
But to be able to find that out, I have to open the log-in form (with one ad), I enter my credentials, I receive a message that I have logged in (and can see a new ad).
After that I can open the job description, which in 99 out of 100 cases turns out to contain no information at all.

I will subscribe again if you, in the future, should make it possible to subscribe to only job postings that are visible to "my profile".

But, for now: Good bye.

Roy
Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

IMHO, I don't think it is a good idea to have job notifications limited to full (paying) members at a young site like this one. If it is to win good reputation among the other, well established translator directories, I would suggest a year or two of free job notifications should not hurt. Running a successful translator directory is about a long-time run, not about making my money as fast as I can.

Go to Top of Page

Stefan

240 Posts

Posted - 03/16/2009 :  15:29:36  Show Profile  Edit Reply  Reply with Quote  View user's IP address  Delete Reply
Hallo Stanislav,

just look at the prices TranslatorPub offers for example against other sites... You will see a great difference between this.

TranslatorPub is not interested to make any profit out of this, but to guarantee a good ongoing service.

As you can imagine is running a site like this costing quite a lot of money, therefore a minimum charge is applying.

I do hope you all understand this, as a lot of persons are working very hard to turn this to a great resource.
Go to Top of Page

Stanislav_Pokorny

71 Posts

Hi Stefan,
I didn't mean to keep membership free forever, just for the start.
To compare membership rates: Translatorscafe is free, at ProZ you can view all job postings and only have to pay if you want to quote on them. And still you can pay with points you earn e.g. in KudoZ, i.e. by replying to terminology questions.
Also, I don't understand your concerns about creating a blacklist of "clients". Such blacklists have been implemented successfully on the other sites as well and the clients are of course allowed to reply to both positive and negative feedback entries. The same goes for the vice-versa direction, i.e. for clients giving feedback to translators.
Solely providing a posting - quoting interface and washing your hands is definitely not the correct way.

Go to Top of Page

ewacarlos
Starting Member

1 Posts

I hate this way - have to pay without being sure that any offers could be mine? This way I can register in few searchers of work, lose everything what I gain in this way of membership. For the popular languages they might remove the incripciones in memberships. There is a lot of the offers of English, French and German, but other languages do not allow at the same time, to survive the translator and even to pay for the inscriptions in memberships - have some compassion, eh?

(My english is very very imperfect when I write, I`m sorry)

Go to Top of Page
Page: of 4 Previous Topic Topic Next Topic   Lock Topic Edit Topic Delete Topic New Topic Reply to Topic Approve/Hold/Reject all posts for this Topic
Previous Page | Next Page
 New Topic  Reply to Topic
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Chris
Chris

Fundraiser

Chris

Beta

Chris

Site Sponsor

translatorpub

Return to Old
User Interface

YouTube YouTube YouTube

©TranslatorPub.com 2024 All Rights Reserved.
Mail comments and suggestions to info@translatorpub.com | Privacy Policy | Sitemap.

Paypal     Paypal
Paypal     Paypal
Paypal